Subject: Re: [Leica] Design the ideal ER case
From: "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:53:22 -0800

I'm not much into using cases and straps.....
But I'll tell you what I would like to have.... a secure, flexible,
comfortable fast hand/wrist strap contraption.

I like having the camera in my hand, ready to go when shooting... even if
that means all day walking around. I would like the camera attached to my
right hand, and made in a way that the camera is almost attached to palm of
my hand.

I have bought a used a couple of 'nearly there' devices, mostly nylon and
elastic things. One, I forget who made it, has an elastic strap that goes
around my wrist with a buckle. A nylon heavy duty strap screws into the
tripod socket, and the buckle on this piece, mates with the buckle on the
wrist strap. Together, they are alright, and work fairly well... but I would
like something more secure, and comfortable.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a supple 'weight lifter's glove'
for the hand.... then maybe a small leather 1/2 case  slip for the camera
part. Then some way to join the two parts securely. The camera must hang
securely, and naturally when walking.. but then the hand camera assembly
must fall into shooting position when the camera is raised to shoot.

If your friend works on something like this... let me know.

Jim G.