Subject: RE: [Leica] Ted Grant "Light, eyes, action, shoot! "
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:20:20 -0400

Not to boast, but once I got good, I was better than the AF cameras until
perhaps the EOS 1v came out.  I shoot very tight and a lot of AF cameras
will hunt when the sensors hit a plain part of the jersey.

With manual focus, you do not have to worry about where you place the AF
sensors.  It makes for one less thing to worry about.  With a 400mm f2.8,
there is very little depth of field and an AF camera will often focus on
the wrong subject.

The Plus side of AF is that you can sometimes quickly point it at the
action and get the shot in focus.  With manual focus, you have to carefully
follow the action and start focusing on it as it moves towards you.

Regards,

Robert