Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted Grant "Light, eyes, action, shoot! "
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:14:11 -0400

At 10:09 AM 11/12/2002 -0800, Ted Grant wrote:
>Robert G. Stevens said:
> > To quote Ted Grant:
> >
> > "It's keeping the shooting simple follow the KISS method:......Light,
>eyes,
> > action, shoot!
> > ted"
> >
> > I was shooting last Saturday and tried to focus on the eyes, wait for the
> > action and then shoot.  The results are below.
> >
> > http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/PAW2002/wk45.htm
> >
> > What do you think?<<<<
>
>Hi Robert,
>Veeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyyy interesting! :-) Well done.  :-)
>
>But I have to confess shooting football action and trying to focus on the
>eyes wasn't ever in my plan for that sport unless the athlete was standing
>still without a helmut on! ;-)

I don't really know what I focus on.  It happens too quick.  I think I
focus on the jersery.

>I might add you must have had the luck of the Focus Gods with you at the
>moment of this exposure. But then you're a damn fine sports photographer and
>rarely need the Focus God's for help at anytime! ;-)

He was running right towards me.  I got two of the three I shot in
focus.  The other frame from this series is here:

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/IRC/FB/SMUsfx-11-09-2002-001.jpg

What really throws me off is not the follow focusing, but when they start
running parallel to the focus plain.  I am still moving the focus in the
follow focus mode and end up moving it out of focus.

Thanks once again for the great compliments.

Regards,

Robert