Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Seth's Train expose'
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:21:56 EST

In a message dated 11/8/02 1:05:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
schroter@optonline.net writes:

> I bet if Congress thought that Amtrak was being run in an efficient and
>  effective manner they would take a different attitude regarding funding.

Wrong, IMO. If Amtrak had adequate funds for maintenance and capital spending
for new equipment on the long haul trains - put aside Acela since those
trains are in the money-making corridor routes - they could run a first-class
passenger RR. As it is, they have to live hand-to-mouth and no one can run
efficiently that way.

And we thank you for your support!

Seth         LaK 9