Subject: Re: [Leica] Capless in Gaza
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:37:36 EST

Dear John. That's the way the girls always used to start.

jbcollier@shaw.ca writes:

> My dislike of the front lens caps that Leica provides has been recorded
>  before

You are not alone, on the assumption that you are not referring to the lovely
metal silver or black E39 caps that covered generations of Elmars,
Summicrons, Summarons and Elmarits?

> however, having bought yet another lens that I prefer to use
>  without the hood, I thought it was finally time to do something about
>  it. So I hied me to the local camera emporium for some experimental
>  forays in cross capping.

>  CAUTION!
>
>  If you are a Leica collector with a weak constitution you may want to
>  hit delete now. There is not a hope in h*** that the Viewfinder is
>  going to pick this email for publication.

I think you are wrong, big John. Try Bill Rosauer. I'd bet he'll run it, even
more likely if you will illustrate it!!

Seth    LaK 9