Subject: Re: [Leica] C-41 development in the US
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:44:34 -0500

Martin, I would go to one of the photo dealers that does a good business
with the pro's and ask which are the good pro labs that take 35mm.  Give
anyone recommended that uses dip and dunk over roller transport the nod.

Alternatively, find a relatively high volume retail dealer that seems clean
and organized, ask about the last time they pulled their cross overs.  If
they understand what you are asking buy and process a blank a roll of film
that you leave uncut.  This should take 9 to 15 minutes on modern equipment.
Take a look at the film through a loupe.  Look for scratches, water marks,
thumb prints, ripped ends, and unlikely but happens, funny colored base.
Now have them sleeve the film.  Take a look now, did anything change?  Yes
they will look at you funny but it is your film and you are paying them to
process it so what the heck.

Usually you will find that just like restaurants, high volume means pretty
good work or the volume would go down.

Good luck and if you have any questions please drop me a line.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com