Subject: Re: [Leica] Aussie bits and pieces.
From: "Corbeau" <corbeau@hekizan.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 18:50:59 -0800

At 01:42 PM 11/2/2002 +1100, you wrote:
>>Hi Rob,
>>
>>I'm not 10% of the photographer you are but here my reaction.  Maybe you
>>can take it as the 'know-nothing guy on the street opinion'...;->
>>
>>I was pretty ambivalent about the first 6.  Frankly, this is your own
>>fault.  The reason being, your portraits are just too damn good! I was
>>expecting something as instantly visually arresting as your people
>>shots.  The seventh (the window) held me for a bit because I can't help
>>myself with graphic/geometric stuff.  The final shot of the padlock, I've
>>gone back to several times over the course of the day.
>>
>>I know I'm wringing a quart out of a damp towel but the shape of the
>>padlock as a big "Y" draws me in as a geometric device then as a
>>representation of "Yes".  However, the fact that the "Yes" is also the
>>very object keeping me outside the damn door makes me frustrated and more
>>curious about the other side.  I really dig it.
>>
>>BTW, if you weren't in Aus, I pay your rate plus a supply of you favorite
>>beverage for a commission of my kids.  I've shelled out some pretty
>>serious dough over the last few years for 'environmental portraits' and
>>the results are floormats compared to yours (except for the fact that my
>>kids are in them).
>>
>>Best,
>>
>>C.
>
>Perhaps you should make a trip downunder ;-)
>--
>Alastair Firkin

Well, since I'm an even more enthusiastic surfer than photographer (albeit
just as unskilled), Bali was next on my list for big trips.  However, for
obvious reasons, I'm not too keen on hauling the whole family there right
now so who knows...

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Aussie bits and pieces.)
Message from corbeau@hekizan.com (Re: [Leica] Aussie bits and pieces.)