Subject: [Leica] Re: Now; R8 winder and motor problems
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 07:19:31 -0800

Mmmh, my R8 winder recently started exhibiting strange problems. Things
like when the shutter is fired, the winder doesn't advance the film
until the button is partially repressed. It also stopped rewinding the
film sometime earlier. I'm debating whether the fix is worth it, as I
bought it used. I hope that this is my last lesson in buying used
electronics that are "as new." It just means no one took the time to
check for bugs while it was still under warranty. Oh well, back to the
frustratingly reliable Canon.
Slobodan Dimitrov