Subject: Ramblings: was Re: [Leica] M7 Auto Exposure For Street Shooting
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 00:09:58 -0500

At the Park Square Camera & Photo LUG Workshop last week, I gave my R8 with
Motor Drive to Ernst Hartmann from Leica as I have been having mirror lockup
problems when using the Motor Drive (it has been sent in once  before for
repairs for the same problem and has started happening again.).  It only
occurs when using the MD and after I haven't been shooting for a few
minutes.  Eventually the mirror unlocks, but it's damn annoying.  Can't get
any decisive moment shots that way.

Anyway, I received a form letter today (Thursday) from Leica stating that
repair would be 2-3 weeks.  Hopefully, I'll get the camera back before I
head south to Buenos Aires for a well deserved vacation.  Hola! Tango,
Gauchos, and all that Jazz.

I tried the R9 out while at the LUG workshop, it is a very nice piece of
equipment.  I really like the fact that there is a lock for the operating
mode wheel.  I've lost many shots where I inadvertently turned he wheel and
not noticed the mode had changed in the view finder.  Just too focused on
focussing, I guess.

Ted Grant, Tina Manley, and Sal Dimarco's sessions were both informative and
entertaining.  I'll always remember, Light, Eyes, Action and Shoot from the
Shadow side!  A useful mnemonic is "what ALES you" or, better yet, "That's
the LEASt that I can do".  Also, "It's about the Light, Stupid!"

For those LUG Nuts attending Photo East, look forward to seeing you there!

AGS