Subject: RE: [Leica] battery appetite from THE LUG ARCHIVE via John
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

I am going to reveal an incredible secret which will change your life!
Because I'm a nice guy who is kind to children and small animals and
wishes to benefit my fellow Leica users, I will not charge for this
invention. But please give credit where credit is due.

Before stowing the camera, take a common rubber band about 2-3mm wide.
Loop it under the "softie" 2 or 3 times.  This prevents the shutter from
tripping in the bag.

At the LHSA meeting in Portland, I saw a deluxe version of this:  A little
square of black leather with a semicircle "bite" out of one side, which
the owner could insert under the softie.  It had a little leather pull
attached to the opposite side so it could be taken off quickly and easily.
I thought it might be "rich Corinthian leather," but I forgot to ask.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

B.D. sez: