Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:32:32 -0700

Greg J. Lorenzo
> I heard a disturbing rumor at a local Leica dealer this morning that
> Leica was going to discontinue manufacturing the Noctilux shortly.
>
> Rather disturbing. Has anyone else heard this?<<<<

Hi Greg,
I think that's just a rumour as I can't imagine, but then we've been wrong
with what Leica may or may not do in the past, but I can't imagine they'd
kill that line of production.

Yep they probably don't sell a great number, but surely there are an on
going number sold per year to warrant knocking off a bunch even once a year.

I was quite amazed at the LHSA convention at the number of Noctilux's
bouncing around there. It sure didn't appear there would be any reason to
discontinue with what must be an ongoing demand from this group of Leica
fans alone.

But then who knows.
ted