Subject: Re: [Leica] Cycleshop portraits - critique/comments please
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:46:51 +0100

Hi Michael,

thanks for your comments.  When I took the shots of Graham, I  positioned
him so that he was as close to the window as possible.  The window was
directly behind me.  I took the shots during the early afternoon, as I knew
that the sun would be shining in through the shop window, in the hope that I
could get some modelling.
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the shots.  With hindsight, I would have
done the spoke shot differently.  I think that had I moved the wheel to take
the reflector out of the shot, it would have improved the picture.

You have no idea how annoyed I was at cocking up the exposure.  All I had to
do was to move the ISO dial on the camera - but I forgot.  Still, hopefully,
I won't make that mistake again.  At least I was able to compensate by
modifying the development to get acceptable negatives.

Any help or suggestions on working with available light would go down very
well indeed.

Regards

Mark