Subject: [Leica] Cycleshop portraits - critique/comments please
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:31:22 +0100

I recently enrolled on a portraiture evening class.  For my first assignment
I decided to pester the manager and staff of a local cycle shop, who agreed
to let me take a few portraits.

Roger,  http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-34015.html eats, sleeps
and breaths cycling, although he no longer races competitively, he talks a
fast time trial!

This is the manager Graham and a regular customer discussing the finer
points of cycle componentry...
http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-34016.html

The mechanic was building a new back wheel for someone.  These shots show
him in action.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-34017.html and
http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-34019.html

Finally, here are a couple of portraits of the shop manager Graham.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-34018.html and
http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-34020.html

All of the shots are from the same roll of Fuji Neopan 1600 which was rated
at EI400 in error (memo to brain, buy M7 for DX coding).  Fortunately, I
realised my error before I developed the film, so was able to do something
about it.

Comments on or off-list would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mark Pope
Swindon Wilts, UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk