Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Manual or help
From: "Gene" <sop@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:33:35 -0700

I just got a M6 TTL without a manual as well, so I look forward to the
answers you receive. I'm not worried about TTL since my plans are to use
this only for available light. I can answer your question about an old
Vivitar. Actually, no "old" flash is going to provice TTL with any camera.
TTL requires the camera to mate with the flash as a single system where the
camera tells the flash when it has enough light to properly expose the film.
The flash then shuts off so as not to over expose the film. This differs
from "automatic" mode on the flash where a sensor on the flash tells it that
it should shut down. I believe that Metz makes a flash or flash/interface
module that is dedicated to the M6 TTL. Someone else will have to come up
with the specifics.

Gene