Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 39, The IB is closer than you think
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:56:19 -0400

Fall is here and all the seniors at my daughters school are deep into
preparation for their IB exam.  Hallways that have echoed with laughter and
love are becoming quiet and still as the exam that determines their future
comes ever nearer.

I know a fair number of pretty bright students at really good schools.
Those at the American system schools are mostly concerned with college
choice and the usual teenage social questions.  Those in an IB program are
in deep study (read panic) mode preparing for their orals and the IB itself.
They won't relax until mid February after the exam.  Then the laughter and
joy return to the hallways.

This weeks picture doesn't do any job at all of telling this story by
itself.  However, I hope to develop the story with additional images that
convey their story.

By the way, even though the subject didn't know I was taking his picture it
is special to me as I have known this young man for five or six years and it
has been a real pleasure watching him mature into quite a good youngun.

Enjoy, and as always all comments are welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com