Subject: Re: [Leica] PWIFLI: I am not Doug Herr
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:22:59 -0400

The trick with herons is to come upon a young bird that hasn't yet developed
the skittishness of its elders.  Despite their size, adult herons, at least
in my area of the northeastern U.S., do not tolerate the human presence well,
although I've been able to shoot fairly closely from inside a car.

One not very good example is at
http://pages.cthome.net/royzartarian/heron.html. Someday I'll get scans of
better slides posted.

Roy