Subject: [Leica] Hmm, do not know what to call this one...
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:32:06 -0600

The vast majority of subscribers just listen. The frequent posters,
infrequent posters and listeners do not divide up on any discernible
pattern other than personality. I have had private contact with
Leica-Users from many different nationalities, different sexes,
different sexual orientations, different religious and political
viewpoints and different ethnic backgrounds. It is a great place to meet
people, learn new ideas and see things from a different perspective.
Though it is not always easy to understand another's point of view.

I do not make assumptions that certain groups will all behave in certain
ways or all feel the same way about things. I am surprised to see such
an idea expressed. Dividing the world into us and them is a sad
simplification of situations; and, a way to make sure they happen over
and over again. Coming from Ireland with family on both sides and the
middle, I know all about polarization, injustice and rage. Venting may
make you feel better but it seldom, if ever, promotes any understanding.

John Collier