Subject: Re: [Leica] Where I live, how I live
From: David Mason <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:02:37 -0400

> Hi Graham, I've just been looking over your landscapes. Very nice
> photographs. But... ;-) I sense a lack - a lack of mood or
> intention.  Usually I'm not very for the photographer intruding into
> the picture too much, but I think landscape is a genre which does
> require the photographer to make a statement about the countryside
> (in this case). I wonder whether this is a choice on your part, to
> present these pictures (which are compositionally very well
> realised) so blandly?

Wow - and I had just this weekend loaded up some Agfa Vista, and
slapped on a Summicron to take some shots at the beach - secretly
trying to match Graham in tone and mood...

http://www.dmason.net/photos/soundside.jpg

I didn't accomplish it, its not my usual thing... but I can keep
trying.

Cheers,

Dave

Message from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] Where I live, how I live)