Subject: RE: [Leica] POW New Photos: Boys of Summer
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:44:36 -0400

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.
The style of putting a little story together with the photos
is Nathan Wajsman's; I am sure you recognize :-)

On a different note, I had so much fun at the Canadian Open
that I thought I'd do the same at the US Open in New York City
this week.   Then I found out as "increased security measures",
they disallow telephoto lenses together with:
. Bags larger than 12" x 12" x 16"
· Backpacks, briefcases, fanny packs of any size; large purses
· Video cameras, camera accessories, telephoto lenses, televisions, radios
· Coolers, glass containers, cans
· Flags on sticks or poles

See http://www.usopen.org/news/articles/200208221501507babca47e372f23a00256c1d006e2d56.html

Anything in the name of security ...  Jeesh !  I am writing to USTA to protest.
So my next series will not be of half-naked female international tennis stars :-)
Do they have such restrictions at Fenway ?  Maybe I'd do a series on the _other_
boys of summer.

- - Phong

Replies: Reply from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] POW New Photos: Boys of Summer)