Subject: Re: [Leica] My first band shots
From: David Mason <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:34:14 -0400

brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net> writes:

> seriously, i like the shots.  i think i might tone down the contrast
> a bit in the highlights; i'd like some detail.  compositions are
> very good.  the negs aren't that contrasty, are they?  what did you
> develop in?

No the negs are not that contrasty - I swear its really my cheap
scanner (although it is often easy for me to blame it for lots of bad
things). I'm going to print a few of these and re-scan on my flatbed
which is a much better scanner... then one day when I have the money I
will get a real scanner :)

These were in xtol. The contact sheet shows much better detail and
contrast. I tried photoshoping (well, "gimping" in my case) them back
to life a bit but I could only take it so far.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave