Subject: Re: [Leica] My first band shots
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:34:24 -0500

dave:

> The band is Denali, and I like them much better after seeing them. I
> was stuck under the guitar player and the crowd really kept me from
> moving to a place that allowed me to get a shot of the very cute
> singer. I am partial to the sixth shot in the series - comments are
> welcome.
>
> http://www.dmason.net/photos/Denali/

i used to know them when they were mt. mckinley.  ;)

seriously, i like the shots.  i think i might tone down the contrast a
bit in the highlights; i'd like some detail.  compositions are very
good.  the negs aren't that contrasty, are they?  what did you develop
in?

you might want to try TMZ in xtol next time.  after doing some
side-by-sides of it and delta 3200, i've decided it's definitely better
and grabbing highlight and shadow detail.  it's a lot granier, though,
so there's a trade-off.  i'm going to give neopan at 3200 a shot and TMZ
in Tmax developer sometime soon, on mark rabiner's recommendation.  then
i'm going to decide on a high speed combo and stick with it so i can
learn it.

i'm also, since i feel compelled to tell y'all my life story, going to
try dropping TCN in favor of TMX or delta 400 or maybe even TX or HP5.
now that i have a jobo up and running, i can process my own film cheaply
and easily enough--no more standing around agitating ever 30 seconds--so
the convenience of TCN is no longer an issue.  i am, however, quite fond
of the way it looks.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

Bruce Springsteen not only cares about America, he is America, and
what's even better, he understands just how fucked up it is and has
always been to be an American, the ridiculous mix of the grand and
pathetic, the painfully self-aware and the mockworthy clueless spiritual
state that has gotten us so far ahead and so sadly behind the rest of
the world.
	--Joey Sweeney

Replies: Reply from David Mason <dcm@pobox.com> (Re: [Leica] My first band shots)
Reply from David Mason <dcm@pobox.com> (Re: [Leica] My first band shots)