Subject: [Leica] Re: R9 scoop
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:04:03 -0400

B.D., IMHO the R camera does not need to match the latest (or even 5-year-old)
features of the other SLR manufacturers' offerings. Keeping ahead of the Jones'
hasn't been the Leica Way since, oh, maybe 1960-'64. Why start now? :-)
What the R camera needs to be is a machine that works and handles very well for those
who want Leica lenses bolted on front. I have found the motorless R8 to be a large,
less than perfectly balanced SLR. With the motor added, it becomes a very large,
well-balanced, non-AF camera. Neither option turns me on, so I haven't bought one.
Either they add AF (doubtful?) or the thing gets re-shaped.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal