Subject: Re: [Leica] Foo X Bar sent a virus
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 07:47:52 -0400

On 8/19/02 11:37 PM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

> Please, please, everyone: people don't send viruses. Viruses send themselves,
> usually without the knowledge of the sending victim. Fred E. Jackson is a
> subscriber to the Rollei list. His computer is probably infected with the
> Badtrans virus. That virus looked into his mailbox, found all of the email
> addresses in it, and sent copies of itself to each.
>
> The Klez virus forges the identity of the sender; the Badtrans virus does not.

Not trying to teach granny to suck eggs, but the policy on the lists I run
is that up to date virus protection is a condition of membership of the
mailing list and any member who ('whose computer') sends a virus to the list
membership automatically disqualifies themselves for membership until they
can demonstrate they are virus free and protected.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Emilio Perea <eperea@walkereng.com> (Re: [Leica] Foo X Bar sent a virus)