Subject: [Leica] Please help identify/value these cameras
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:14:31 -0400

The landlord of my office building brought in a couple of his father's
cameras last week which he wanted my help in identifying and valuing (and
selling). They are as follows:

Leica LTM rangefinder #4359xx w/ collapsible LTM summitar 50/2. Camera is
sans vulcanite and well worn. Lens has light marks on front element but they
may well be residue rather than scratches. RF is clear and camera appears to
be in working order. Owner says he has the vulcanite somewhere.

Rolleiflex TLR #20590xx w/ Xenar 75/3.5 in leather (n)ever-ready case.
Camera is also well used but appears to be in working order.

My guess is that neither camera has taken a picture for the best part of a
quarter century and so could both do with a full CLA and some TLC. However I
don't think anything is broken and the optics look okay. Probably decent
user cameras in other words.

I know it isn't Friday but if anyone is interested in purchasing these
please contact me offlist.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com