Subject: [Leica] 'Leica Hands" inspired photos
From: "Andrew Amundsen" <andy@tcinternet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:29:25 -0700

I've just started a project shooting some classic cameras begining with
the Voigtlander Vitessa. These shots reminded me of the "Leica Hands" ad
series currently running so I thought I'd share them. Shot on Fuji
Reala, scanned from print, removed background and model's color, then
toned in Photoshop, leaving only the hands and camera in color.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=231185

The Vitessa is not only a fun camera to shoot with IT's fun TO shoot!
All the different possibilities for hand positions! I found out, with my
small handed model, the tall comi-plunger film advance was nearly
impossible for her to reach at eye level. So I had her shoot one of me
waving HI, as I call the distinctive hold for the camera! (She didn't do
too bad, but ignored the backdrop, so I blacked out the background).

I'll now probabally fall into the catagory of 'Camera shooter' but what
can you say, commercial photographers love objects! I intend to continue
the series at a later date, these were some 'tests'.

Thanks for looking, Andrew Amundsen

Replies: Reply from Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 'Leica Hands" inspired photos)