Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Grain focusing magnifier recommendations?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:48:36 -0700

Jeffery Smith wrote:

> It wasn't until I got a grain focusing device that I realized why my photos
> were not sharp...my cheapie Durst lens was garbage. When I coughed up the
> money for a Schneider Componon lens, I could actually SEE GRAIN with my
> grain focusing device!
>
> Jeffery

It's also nice to have a nice lupe and a variety of magnifying devices
so you can check out your grain pattern in the center and see if it
matches up with the grain patter in all four corners of your print after
it dries.
The print, the final result is the test of your whole enlarging system.
Lens, alignment, stability (shake) and your light source if it's even or not.
A nice magnifying device also helps you spot your prints.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Re: Grain focusing magnifier recommendations?)