Subject: [Leica] Leica film cartridges
From: "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:05:25 -0700

Hello,
    I am new on the list, and admit I joined primarily to get some
information.
    I have an M3 and two IIIC's, so I am a user, and collector.  I recently
purchased three of the old metal film cartridges made by Leica, and would
like to use them.  It is evident how the camera opens the cartridge, but I
admit I have no idea how to load them.  The cartridges are too long to fit
in either the Lloyd's or Watson type bulk loaders, and if they did fit,
there would still be no way to open/close the cartridge door will the loader
was closed.
    Does anyone on the list use these things?  How do you get the film into
them?
Jack
Jack C. Herron
8118 E. 20th St.