Subject: Re: [Leica] Hipshot project
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <jgp@gilplant.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:57:37 -0500

Well said. Hipshooting is certainly not random, but can be most
serendipitous:

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/portfolios/humantraffic/edits/hard/pages/
014.html

Not a bad shot as I imagine (the fantasy is my right) it was originally
conceived, three figures, something going on. I wouldn't pass it up,
and if there wasn't time to bend down and look through the finder
(raising the camera would completely change the drawing), I'd grab it.
And then one looks at the negative the next day and sees that light
that only the camera had seen at first, and WOW!

But I'm not about to put gaffer's tape over my viewfinder :)

Gilbert