Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: photojournalism
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 09:43:51 -0400

You have obviously been going through a rough period, Rob - Wandering the
globe and living in truly horrible conditions, separated from your family
and friends for a "hobby?" Spending a year hanging out in crack dens, with
your life at risk day in and day our for a "hobby?"

Where is this stuff coming from? Yes, they have to do commercial work to
finance their personal work - the work for which they are known. Just as
virtually every artist of every type has waited tables, driven cabs,
practiced medicine, worked for an insurance company, etc. etc. etc. in order
to finance their artistic work.

B. D.