Subject: Re: [Leica] photo opportunity
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 08:17:50 -0700

Beddoe, Neil
> I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree.  The Great British Beer Festival
is
> indeed a wonderful occasion but only useful in a photographic context if
you
> like your pictures to be out of focus, badly framed, overexposed, and
> containing a large number of pictures of a big hairy bloke and his very
> scary 50 year old girlfriend in her satin cycle shorts.
>
> At least that's what mine were like when I tried to photograph a beer
> festival while also actively participating.<<<<<

Aaaaahhh but Neil, the way to do this is shoot like crazy everything moving
for the first half hour of the day / evening.... put cameras away.... sit
back and play! :-)

Then it doesn't matter because you've got all the neat stuff in the can
before you get ... well you know what I mean! ;-)

The best beer bash I've ever attended for photos and of course a litre or
two, ;-) is the Munich Oktoberfest in Germany!! Great picture opportunites
and people who are truly interested in having a good time ! :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] photo opportunity / beer festivals)