Subject: [Leica] Re: Tilley (was LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for newLUG members!)
From: Thomas_Mitchell@idx.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:10:34 -0700

I haven't met any other LUG members but I get the feeling that I might be
on the youngish side of the group (mid-30's).  At least in the Southeastern
US where I grew up, 'Nookie' was not in common usage among my generation.
It was thought of as slang from an older generation, a very tame euphemism
compared to the terms we use(d) ;->

However, a few years ago a now popular thrash/rap band had a hit song
featuring the term - probably because the more common terms won't fly on
MTV...  I seem to hear it much more often since then, sort of a renaissance
of old fashioned slang for parts of the female anatomy.

Here are links to lyrics and sound:

http://a52.g.akamai.net/7/52/2403/8985902f82351d/www.limpbizkit.com/music/images/lyrics.gif

http://a52.g.akamai.net/7/52/2403/7eab51ca53689e/www.limpbizkit.com/music/songs/SO_03.MP3

FWIW, since it is derivitive of the common noun 'nook', it seems like the
slang usage would be perfectly obvious...

Best,

Thomas

 To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
 Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Tilley (was  LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price
 membership for newLUG members!)

"Nooky" is a noun, "shag" is a verb. That's why "nooky" is more polite.

Stuart Phillips