Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Tilley (was LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for newLUG members!) - model numbers
From: "Stuart Phillips" <Stuart.Phillips@umb.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:03:32 -0400

I'm afraid you are wrong. Tilley has announced the inevitable - they
have brought their model numbers into line with Leica's.  I think you
(and your girlfriend) will be disappointed with the T2 you have ordered.
The new model T3 is specially designed to shade the M3, whereas the T2,
a somewhat downmarket and wilted-looking version, is meant for the M2.

The T3 has a slightly wider brim to cope with the extra flare in the
rangefinder of the M3, created simply as someone put it recently, by
"production techniques in the 1950's which allowed a lot of precision
work to be done on cameras", but real ham-handed stonemasonry that was
performed on rangefinders.  This was because the Leitz family had
sodomized their fortune. (I didn't get that bit.) Anyway, enjoy your
hats but don't come anywhere near Boston because it's hunting season
soon and no one out here has seen one. Really. I've been checking. I
even did a spot poll of the local camera dealers.

Stuart Phillips