Subject: RE: [Leica] For anyone who still thinks that digital isn't really...
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:20:25 -0400

- --On Sunday, August 4, 2002 12:26 PM -0400 "B. D. Colen"
<bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Well, B.D. who drives a VW Beetle responds -
> If M7s and Dx1s are both Vipers, why doesn't B&H have any Dx1s when it has
> plent of M7s?
>
> And, forget the Dx1...You can get a D100 or a Canon D60 - both of which
> are directly price competitive with the M6s and M7s....
>
> And the D1h is the fast shooter, not the D1x...If Tina, or anyone else
> who's shooting in relatively rugged conditions, wants to shoot digital,
> they'd be a hell of a lot better off with a D1x - built on the F5 body -
> than they would with a Digilux or Panasonic without the red dot - to

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the D1X is
built on the F100 body, not the F5 body.

This *does* get confusing, with the D100 being built on the F80 (N80) body.

You don't think Nikon is deliberately trying to confuse us, do you :-).

After all, they are in a competitive relationship with Canon and the EOS-1d
*is* in fact built on Canon's top of the line EOS-1v body.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.