Subject: Re: [Leica] WOW!
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 14:37:58 EDT

Ted,

First off, thank you very much for taking the time to help educate, share
with me the views of a veteran photojournalist.

A few more questions:

<<Q>>> Is it that she's not telling a story?<<

A To some degree, but these days everyone thinks they're photojournalists with

a collection of single pictures, which wasn't the meaning originally of

photojournalist,  "a story teller with pictures generally on one subject ."

And what we see in the pictures presented are a collection of photographs

shot some what in "art fashion" instead, as what's considered

photojournalism.>>

So, traditional photojournalism is a series of photos, documenting one
specific story  (does there need to be accompanying text for it to be pj or
are images simply enough.  If images themselves are allowed, must they be so
clear so as to telegraph their
"true meaning" or can they be...somewhat subjective, thus allowing the viewer
to draw their own conclusions?)

Secondly, why can't a series of single pictures (maybe each telling a
different part) be considered photojournalism?

Thank you

Kim

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] WOW!)