Subject: Re: [Leica] M6J an improvement?
From: "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:07:36 -0500

I always thought the M6J was a great idea, too bad it was only a collector's
idea. But these collector cameras make Leica some $$$, so it's not all bad.

The LHSA has had a few discussions over the years about a less expensive
Leica M body. A "newer" M3 or M2 with less framelines, no meter has been
though of by many. Of course, now with CV making a M-mount R2, I would hope
Leica is thinking of some kind of more affordable M camera.

For less than $850, one can now have a 50mm Skopar and a Bessa R2 body. If I
was one just getting into rangefinder photography, this would greatly appeal
to me.

I assume Leica is the one that can install a M6J finder into a older M3?

Chris Williams
New Orleans