Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summilux-M
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:25:10 -0400

Dante, sorry to not point you to any pictures. The older 35 Summilux was a
slightly better 35 Summicron IV by F4.  Between 1.4 and 2.something the lens
was somewhat soft throughout, much like your 50 1.2 Canon.  The rendition
was similar to using the least powerful Softar filter, sharp but with
softness attached.

Some said the lens was flarey but my late production version held up really
well into the light.  If you remember I posted some pictures at a B52
concert last fall and the shots were right into the spots with no ghosting.

I sold mine as I just wasn't using the lens at 1.4 and was otherwise using
the gen IV Summicron.  Also, the lens was just too pretty and worth so much
more pretty than my normal well used equipment.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com