Subject: [Leica] OT Flash guide numbers and they work? OT
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:23:14 -0700

Hi folks,

This is right off the wall ancient need to learn it over again.

A chap down the street called and asked me how to use the guide number on
the flash he has?

Well OK I thought I knew.... however that was 45 years ago when the flash of
the day had guide numbers. Even then I had trouble figuring that stuff out,
then I discovered photo life was much easier when you didn't use flash and
go available light. ;-)

Besides any flash I used over the years has always been something automatic
no brainer thing.  So please help me with a very simple way to explain this
guide number and how to make it work with whatever flash and camera is he
has.

thanks guys and gals.
ted

Replies: Reply from Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br> (Re: [Leica] OT Flash guide numbers and they work? OT)