Subject: Re: [Leica] Cook & Perkins Adapter
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:05:29 -0400

At 05:33 PM 7/12/02 -0400, you wrote:
>You sly dog, tempting some of us with this relatively rare adapter that lets
>us use the sometimes superior but always interesting Contax mount normals
>and I bet that the wide angles will also work.  Especially the 21 Biogon
>should mount on a LTM camera with this piece.

Well, no.  Contax lenses come in two varieties:  the normal lenses (50mm to
53mm) use the inner bayonet, while all other lenses use the outer bayonet.
The C&P adapter only works with the inner-bayonet normal lenses, so fitting
that 4.5/21 Biogon won't work -- though I do happen to own such a Biogon
which has been converted to Leica M.

I believe the Orion adapter used the outer bayonet but not the inner one,
but that it could not take wide-angle lenses.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca> ([Leica] Re: OT Flash guide numbers and they work? OT)