Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda really long. ;-)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:58:28 -0400

At 06:04 AM 7/11/02 -0700, Bryan Caldwell wrote:

>Not true. The Bill of Rights, as well as all U.S. Constitutional rights
>apply to ANYONE within the borders of the United States - citizen or not,
>here legally or illegally.

Bryan

The Supreme Court has held that Constitutional privileges extend only to US
citizes and aliens legally resident in the US under an immigrant or student
or tourist visa.  I believe that illegal immigrants have been exempted from
many of these privileges -- such as the "right" to share in government
money -- and only hold basic criminal Constitutional rights.  I do know
that illegal immigrants are barred from welfare and government-funded
educational aid at the Federal level, though I think a couple of states
have extended these to their illegals.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!