Subject: [Leica] Scanners
From: Shortymx <shortymx@prodigy.net.mx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:57:45 -0500

I will appreciate some help.  Over many years I've used 35mm, 120, and 4X5
formats in b&w, slide, and color negative.  I have a room full of each that
I would like to start storing in my computer, and sharing with others via
the web.  I can't afford the "ultimate" in scanners, however I would like
the best results possible for a reasonable amount of $$$.  In the Feb issue
of SB there was a good appraisal of the Epson 2450.  This scanner will
handle all of my formats, and is reasonably priced, and for those reasons
seems attractive.  Does anyone have experience with multi-format flat bed
scanners?  Any opinions on the Epson 2450, or others?

Thanks,
Stu Boyd

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Scanners)