Subject: Re: [Leica] Amtrak - apology
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 21:09:37 EDT

zeissler@directvinternet.com writes:

> I did not intend to push any buttons.

I know you didn't, Mitch. My button is that we are among the extremely few
nations I'm aware of, developed or en voie de developement, that does not
consider it national policy to provide adequate national passenger rail
service. For the cost of half of a jet fighter aircraft a year, our federal
government could provide Amtrak with sufficient funds to buy new locomotives
and passenger cars and service the ones they have so that there wouldn't be
the breakdowns and even better service (and my experience has been very good)
would attract greater passenger usage.

I fly lots but there are many who cannot or do not want to fly.

But it's my button and my response was my fault. End discussion. Back to
Leicas.

Seth             LaK9

Replies: Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] Amtrak - apology)