Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda long. ;-)
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 10:55:05 -0500

Whenever someone invokes the old "we are at war" clause (which G.W. does
incessantly), it seems that the Bill of Rights goes on the back burner.
Before 9/11, the airlines had to revoke Freedom of Speech (yes, people
making offhand remarks got bounced from flights) and Right to Bear Arms,
and they have had to take the search and seizure thing one rung higher.
Apparently our founding fathers didn't think of terrorism when they penned
those rights (and this was only 3 years after America's first act of
terrorism...the Boston Tea Party!).

JLS