Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezotone seleniem inks.
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 10:24:07 -0700

Clif,

I love the warm tone (selenium) look from some things. My current workflog
of using archival color inks for the warm look is a poor substitute. I'm
excited about true warmer quadtones. Saw one sample and it sold me. Getting
a new printer just to use them. Piezography surpassed my highest
expectations so I have faith in the newer stuff. My digital darkroom is
becoming more crowded than my chemical darkroom.

I'm also excited about the new black inks. Waiting for my old black Piezo
inks to run out. Just changed carts and those darn 3000 carts last forever)
:-). My printing workflow, BTW, is entirely Leica negs scanned on a Leaf
and printed on Epson 3000s. Up to 16x24...no problem (though sometimes use
Genuine Fractals). Haven't shot MF or LF in a long time ('cept for a some
color neg on 120). Nor have I printed with chemicals in months. I'm sold on
quadtone digital printing and I'm really welcome advancements. Still don't
like digital cameras for b/w, though.

Dave
www.lightcurves.com