Subject: Re: [Leica] FOM 2/year 2 on and on...
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:10:30 -0700

> The Leica thing is not because I think only Leicas can take images,
> but we are a LUG and as leica users, I wanted to promote using the
> Leicas. To be honest, we had over 770 submissions, and I hope around
> 1000 each year, and if I expanded the project to any camera, the
> numbers would be too great for part timers to control. The idea was
> also NOT to mimic or try to repeat FOM 1. After all, it was taken
> from over 2 million retrospective images. The idea was to have a
> prospective look at life now, from a group of 600 spread around the
> world. As you can see, it is easy to offend some people despite all
> your best efforts, but despite the critics, comments from people
> OUTSIDE the LUG have all been very positive, and despite the comments
> that the images are trite, again, I have many who feel the selection
> was quite broad. I also have to say, that NOONE agrees with every
> choice, and that is not surprising.
> Alastair Firkin

yup, all that you say Alastair is true and clearly understood by most, if not all of
us...It is  pragmatic and  an OK compromise.since  we are all here BECAUSE  we are Leica
Users....

What we have here is a   typical  LUG scene of righteous mental
masturbation......eventually it will burn itself out, and we can move on to any one of a
hundered other big or small topics that will be nonproductively  massaged.....

so if you are interested in FOM2 (this is about the most interest I 've seen so far)), if
you are a member of the LUG (yup), if you own a Leica ( a reasonable assumption)...then
why not use it, and only it ...for a little while, take pictures, if you think any are
really good... and you are so moved... submit them to FOM2......

Steve

Replies: Reply from "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au> ([Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2 on and on...)
Message from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] FOM 2/year 2)