Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 23:12:30 +0100

On 3/7/02 10:58 pm, "Allan Wafkowski" <allan@sohogurus.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 04:47 PM, colin wrote:
>> Wrong!  The solution NEVER was to tell Alastair what to do with his
>> project.  The solution for you is to either shut up or make your own
>> project.  Hell, you can even call it "The REAL Family of Man!" if you
>> want.  Cool, I see a steel-cage match coming up!
>
> Colin, you have committed a couple of errors that are bound to make you
> feel foolish. You speak of The Family of Man as if it were Alstair's
> invention. It was not. Do your homework. You must learn to speak AFTER
> you know what you are talking about, not before.
>

>> But then again, you're a talk-er, not a do-er.  What can we expect from
>> a "Soho Guru, providing resources or Linux, BSD and Open Source
>> Software For Small Business" who still uses Photo.net to post his PAW
>> pictures.  LOL. Speak to the hand!
>>

> Soho Guru is a company my partner and I own. It is one of several
> business ventures we jointly own. I have nothing to do with its
> day-to-day operations. It provides me with a fast internet connection
> and profits, nothing more. In fact, I use a Macintosh that I setup
> myself. I have no need to bother my employees with my home computer
> problems if they occur. I am well past the stage of having to open
> computers or write code for a living. I am a 52 year old retired lawyer
> who lives off investments that range from computers to art galleries,
> from NYC to the Philippines.
>
> Now, son, go do what it is that you do and try not to be a pest.
>
> Allan

How did we know you were a lawyer.  Long arguments really clock up the fees,
don't they.  As a retired lawyer I would expect you to have more attention
to the detail in the text you read.

Colin said you should not tell Alastair what to do with this project.  His
project is FOM2, and please not the number 2.  You replied that The Family
of Man was not Alastair's project.  Indeed, it was not.  But FOM2 most
certainly is, and you response was incorrect in that you refer to two
different initiatives.

Perhaps it is best you have retired and are living off investments.  The
legal system does require a certain attention to detail and accuracy of
communication that you seem to lack, or have lost.

Simon