Subject: RE: [Leica] Neopan 1600 - image deterioration over time on unprocessed film?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:37:25 -0400

Hi Tim,

Thanks for that thought!  It doesn't appear to be fog...the base looks
pretty normal.

This film is probably about a year or more old, possibly bordering on 1.5
years old since exposed.  The XTOL I'm using (1:1) was mixed in Feb, but put
in 1qt dark plastic containers, topped to the rim, sealed tightly and left
unopened.  According to Kodak, this should not be a problem.

I'm getting reasonably thin negatives.  I started out at with a development
time of 4:45, and am not at 6:00 at 75F in my Jobo, and they are still thin,
so I'm going to 6:30.  Something is definitely amiss here...as my typical
Neopan 1600 time is 4:45!

Also, it's from different cameras (M6 and RTS III) and they both expose
perfectly...so it's not the camera(s) as far as I can tell, or my
metering...

I've got 20+ rolls I found I hadn't processed, so I'm doing two at a time
trying to get them right before doing a bigger batch.

Regards,

Austin