Subject: [Leica] Swing-out polarizer models
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:27:04 -0400

A fellow I discovered on an obscure auction site ;) is trying to sell what
he describes as the latest model swing-out polarizer, model 13352X, in
virtually mint condition.  It comes with one adaptor ring.  My understanding
is that the latest is 13356 and comes with two adaptor rings.  I can find
13352 in a 1987 Leica system handbook but can find no reference to the 'X'
in the accessories listing.  I also read on another forum that the older
polarizers will not fit on my current 50mm Summicron, the one with the
pullout shade.

Meanwhile, the prospective seller, who seems to have little knowledge about
this product,  tells me his dealer says the 13352X is the latest model.  I
doubt it.

Can anyone clear this up for us.  $175 is at stake in the proposed deal.

Thanks.............Julian

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Swing-out polarizer models)
Reply from "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Swing-out polarizer models)