Subject: Re: [Leica] Asking permission, KISS & the decisive moment
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:29:10 -0700

> On 12-06-2002 06:43 Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>

> > Exactly! Most of the people whom I photographed knew that I was doing it
and
> > gave some sort of tacit consent.

Pascal responded:
> Hello Nathan,
>
> yes, that would probably cover it if you only intend to keep the image for
> private use.
> But I would be *very* cautious if you put up the image at an exhibition or
> publication !<<<

Hi Pascal,
I suppose the publication whom I was working for threw all caution to the
wind when they printed the story on the Oktoberfest when every picture was
"people " doing fun things, drinking up big time, dancing on the tables,
hugging, kissing and beautiful Frau's carrying liter steins of beer.

And not one person challenged me and any time the camera was in people
direction they all hammed it up more. A smashing good party by all! :-)

May I ask where this "ask before shoot" law come from and when did it go on
the books in Germany? Or is this an urban legend rule created by some unruly
photographer who was told to .....in polite language to, "get lost!?"

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant