Subject: Re: [Leica] Asking permission, KISS & the decisive moment
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:05:49 +0200

Hi Alexander,

> That would be easy, but if Nathan took a portrait of a person on the
> Oktoberfest where you can see on the picture that he "targeted" this one
> person on the Fest - it is no historical document and you will have to ask
> this person for allowance to use his picture.

So, does that apply to this shot, for example:
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt3.jpg

I obviously targeted the girl since she is the only person in focus...and I am
obviously "using" this picture since it is on my web site (albeit not
commercially). From what you write above it would seem that the only pictures
from Oktoberfest that one can exhibit are overall shots of the beer hall? This
seems a bit restrictive.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman