Subject: Re: [Leica] Creative Excuses
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:58:51 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/02 12:23:32 PM, joecodi@clearsightusa.com writes:

<< Neil,

there is no need for excuses. As you know, the best defense is offense.
Here is a list of responses that should put the matter to rest permanently:

1. It was a moment of weakness. May I take you out to dinner?

2. I am trying to do my part in helping the economy.

3. I bought it to test all the others.

4. Honey, I bought it to take better photos of you.

5. The LUG made me do it.

6. The others are like mistresses, I do not use them any more.

7. For crying out loud, do I complain when you buy groceries and clothes for
the kids?

8. Sweetheart, I bought it so you may have something to complain about.

9. Jim Brick has one.

10. Your own 30 pairs of shoes were perfectly fine also, still you bought
one more. And I don't accuse you of being a co-conspirator of Imelda Marcos.

Joe Codispoti >>

Not having a wife here are a few others....

1.  I love you more than life itself.  Your permission for me to pursue my
hobby only reminds me how much I love and honor you, and every time I touch
one of my cameras or light meters, not only do I think of you, but it further
strengthens the bond of love we share.

2.  This light meter is no ordinary light meter.  It doubles as a sexual toy
that I want to share with you when I take you on a second honeymoon to the
Bahamas.

3.  I didn't really want the light meter, but the older woman who sold it to
me was on hard times, and since she so reminded me of your Mum that I
couldn't help myself in coming to her aid.  Her 13 children thank you
profusely for letting them have enough to eat this week.

4.  I was thinking that it would only be fair, that for every quid I spend on
camera gear that you get to spend 3 times that amount on what makes you happy.

5.  I passed out and must have hit my head.  I'm not sure how I ended up with
this.... who are you anyway, you look rather familiar to me.....

6.  (in your best george -the shrub-bush voice say)  It's not really a light
meter, it's more a thing to get the right light in the place that I want to
measure it in, measured in a way that is metered like light.  It's not that I
needed this, this measured me-ter of light measuring device, because
measurement is only needed if we don't stay the course, but since we're, the
both of us, trying to stay the course, then of course, the meter may not have
to be measured, for light anyway.....

7.  Honey, yer right.  Since it bothers you so, rather than pursue my hobby
of photographing flowers, I'm going to sell all my gear and hang out with the
guys on Friday and Saturday night's at Hooters.  Wanna join us?

- -kim